FaceMe is committed to preserving your privacy and recognises the need for protection and management of personal information that you share with it. FaceMe complies with applicable privacy laws including, in New Zealand, the Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
FaceMe’s services enable users to participate in, and manage, online meetings. These services are not intended, and should not be relied on, for emergency use.
FaceMe generally collects the following different types of information that may include personal information:
- where you are or your company is a user of our services, general account related information including your name, company, e–mail address, phone numbers, state, location, billing-related information, and other data necessary to provide you with and charge you for the services you request
- when you use FaceMe’s websites and services, information from real-time monitoring of bandwidth and service quality
- information about your use of FaceMe’s websites and services, including information collected via cookies (refer to the section below on cookies under the heading Information Use)
- data, voice content, audio content and other information that is transmitted or stored using FaceMe’s services by users of those services (“Meeting Content”)
- where you use FaceMe’s websites and services to participate in an online meeting:
- Meeting Content - FaceMe records and stores that Meeting Content in accordance with the preference settings of the meeting moderator
- information about the meeting, including time, duration, usernames of participants, and any other meeting Metadata
FaceMe collects personal information about you:
- from you, when you provide that information to FaceMe, including via FaceMe’s websites and services, any account set-up process, direct contact with FaceMe (e.g. phone call or email), or when you buy or use FaceMe’s websites and services
- that is included in any Meeting Content
- that is included in any Meeting Metadata, when you participate in online meetings using FaceMe’s websites and services
- from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available (including third party service providers who specialise in collecting and providing publicly available information)
- which is generated by FaceMe in its interactions with you, e.g. your account username and password.
FaceMe uses your personal information for these primary purposes:
- to fulfil your requests for information and/or services
- to monitor, maintain and improve FaceMe’s websites and services, but to the extent that FaceMe uses Meeting Content for this purpose, it does so only to the extent necessary
- to monitor, maintain and protect the security and integrity of Faceme’s websites and services, and Meeting Content and other information
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information FaceMe think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners, including to contact you electronically (e.g. by text or email) for these purposes
- to contact you for market research
- to better understand your needs and provide you with better websites and services
- to undertake credit checks and/or verify your identity (where necessary)
to bill you and collect money that you owe FaceMe, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
to respond and deal with communications from you, including a complaint
excluding Meeting Content, to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
to protect and/or enforce FaceMe’s legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable law.
FaceMe will honour users who want to opt–out or unsubscribe from any electronic mailing, newsletter or product updates sent by FaceMe. If you do not wish to continue receiving such mailings you can opt–out of these by clicking on the Opt/Out link at the bottom of the communication.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Where you are a participant in an online meeting using FaceMe’s websites and services, Meeting Content generated in the course of that meeting is:
- shared with the other participants in that meeting
- transmitted to third party service providers of underlying systems solely to enable FaceMe to deliver the websites and services that allow you to hold that meeting.
FaceMe only discloses recorded Meeting Content and Meeting Metadata:
- to the meeting moderator, at his or her request, and to other participants in the meeting, in accordance with the preference settings of the meeting moderator
- if and to the extent required by law.
FaceMe’s services are licensed, implemented, and supported by value added resellers, consultants, third–party solution developers and OEM partners. FaceMe may disclose your personal information to those partners for the purpose of enabling FaceMe and those partners to provide those services. Those partners may also use this information to provide more in-depth information about how FaceMe and its partners can meet your business needs. FaceMe is not accountable for how its business partners use and secure any personal information that you share with them directly.
FaceMe may hire outside companies to provide limited services to FaceMe and its customers, such as:
- a credit reference agency, for the purpose of credit checking you
- a payment processor, for the purpose of processing payment
- a marketing or other agency, for sending electronic or direct mailings, answering customer questions about services, or performing statistical analysis of our services..
FaceMe provides those companies only the personal information they require to deliver their service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of that information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
A company that supports FaceMe’s services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean that your personal information may be held and processed outside New Zealand.
FaceMe may also disclose your personal information:
- where authorised by you or applicable law
- if and to the extent required by law
- in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or the security or integrity of our websites and services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
The FaceMe Web site may include links to other Web sites. FaceMe does not review the privacy policies of those websites and is not responsible for the privacy of personal information that you disclose outside of faceme.com or our other websites.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal under applicable law, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that FaceMe holds and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, FaceMe will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if FaceMe thinks the correction is reasonable and is reasonably able to change the personal information, it will make the correction. If FaceMe does not make the correction, it will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email FaceMe at Support@FaceMe.Com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
FaceMe may charge you its reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
ENFORCEMENT OF THIS POLICY
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY